The best woks for gas stoves are those that will cook evenly and produce a nice brown sear on the food. They should be durable enough to handle the high heat of a gas stove and be easy to clean and maintain.
If you own a gas stove, use a wok that is specifically designed for this kind of cooking. There are many varieties available, but some of them are poorly made and do not perform well.
- What Is A Wok For Gas Stove?
- Why Use A Wok For Gas Stove?
- Top 10 Woks For Gas Stoves Reviews
- #1 Craft Wok Traditional Hand Hammered Carbon Steel Pow Wok For Gas Stove
- #2 Joyce Chen Non-Stick Wok Set For Gas Stove
- #3 Calphalon Signature HardHard-Anodized Nonstick Wok For Gas Stove
- #4 T-fal Ultimate Hard Anodized Nonstick Wok For Gas Stove
- #5 Kenmore Hammond Flat Bottom Carbon Steel Wok For Gas Stove
- #6 Helen’s Asian Kitchen Carbon Steel Wok For Gas Stove
- #7 Rachael Ray Brights Nonstick Wok For Gas Stove
- #8 Calphalon Contemporary Aluminum Nonstick Wok For Gas Stove
- #9 Circulon Symmetry Nonstick Wok For Gas Stove
- #10 Rachael Ray Cucina Nonstick Wok For Gas Stove
- The Features To Look for When Buying Woks For Gas Stove
- FAQs about Wok For Gas Stove
What Is A Wok For Gas Stove?
Chinese woks have long been the preferred choice for cooking in many parts of Asia. They are now becoming popular for use in Western kitchens as well. The most common type of wok is a round-bottomed pan with two handles on the sides, usually made from cast iron or stainless steel.
The classic Chinese wok shape allows it to be used on a wide range of heat sources, including open fires and barbecues, but also on modern gas stoves and electric ranges.
The traditional Chinese wok is a round-bottomed pan with two handles on the sides, usually made from cast iron or stainless steel. The classic Chinese wok shape allows it to be used on a wide range of heat sources, including open fires and barbecues, but also on modern gas stoves and electric ranges.
Why Use A Wok For Gas Stove?
The main reason you would want to use a wok on a gas stove is because a wok is designed specifically to be used on a gas stove. The shape of a wok helps to concentrate the heat at the bottom, while creating more shallow cooking areas on the sides. The most important part of stir-frying, which is what cooking in a wok is called, is that you cook fast and with high heat.
In order to do this, you need to make sure that you have a nonstick pan that can withstand high temperatures without releasing toxic fumes. This is why I recommend purchasing a flat-bottom carbon steel wok for your gas stove.
Top 10 Woks For Gas Stoves Reviews
#1 Craft Wok Traditional Hand Hammered Carbon Steel Pow Wok For Gas Stove
The Craft Wok Traditional Hand Hammered Carbon Steel Pow For Gas Stove is a classic pan with a rounded bottom to produce authentic Chinese restaurant-quality stir fry dishes at home. It can be used on any stovetop, including electric stoves, gas stoves, and induction cooktops. This wok is made of carbon steel that is lightweight yet durable enough to withstand the heat of cooking in a commercial kitchen. The handle is made of wood, making it easy to grip and move around. This pan also has a helper handle for added stability when cooking.
The surface of this pan has been seasoned with oil during manufacturing to prevent rusting and make cleaning easier. It has a smooth surface which makes it easy to clean after use. The only thing you need to do is wipe the pan with a paper towel or rag after use and wash it with soapy water occasionally if needed. This pan can also be put in the dishwasher for convenience sake. The surface will become darker as you continue using this wok due to patina build up but this does not affect the food’s taste or appearance. The carbon steel will not rust, so you won’t have to worry about this kind of damage. This wok is a safe bet for your culinary adventures.
What we liked:
- Heavy construction, so it can withstand the heat of stir frying
- Add pan drippings to the food dish to enhance flavor and nutrition
- Comes with a helper handle for added stability when stirring dishes and reaching high spots in the wok
- Can easily be used on electric stoves, gas stoves.
- The smooth surface is easy to clean
- Can be put in the dishwasher for convenience’s sake.
#2 Joyce Chen Non-Stick Wok Set For Gas Stove
The Joyce Chen Wok Set For Gas Stove is the best carbon steel wok for gas stoves on the market. It’s very high quality and it comes in a range of sizes at an affordable price.
This wok is made from heavy gauge carbon steel which heats very quickly and evenly. The coating is a non-stick surface that helps reduce oil use while cooking.
The large wooden handle stays cool while you’re cooking, and the helper handle makes it easy to lift this wok off the stove. This wok also features two metal side loops to hang it up when not in use.
This wok is perfect for stir frying vegetables or meat with a small amount of oil or broth, perfect if you’re looking to eat healthier meals. The sloped sides make it easy to toss food around in the pan without spilling anything over the side.
What we liked:
- High quality wok
- Sturdy wooden handles stay cool while cooking
- Comes with a helper handle to make it easy to lift off the stove
- Great for small amounts of food or vegetables while using little oil or broth
#3 Calphalon Signature HardHard-Anodized Nonstick Wok For Gas Stove
The Calphalon Signature Hard Anodized Nonstick Wok For Gas Stove is made with a Non-Stick cooking surface that evenly sears, browns, saute and seals in juices when cooking meats, seafood and vegetables.
Constructed from heavy-gauge hard-anodized aluminum for lasting durability, this wok has a triple-layer nonstick interior that delivers exceptional performance and makes cleanup easy. It also features a long handle that stays cool on the stovetop, so you can easily toss ingredients as you cook. The Calphalon Signature Hard Anodized Nonstick 12 inch Wok comes with Calphalon’s full lifetime warranty.
What we liked:
- Nonstick surface cooks food evenly and doesn’t leave residue.
- Long, sturdy handle that stays cool on the stovetop.
- Triple layer nonstick interior for easy cooking.
- Large enough to make stir fry for up to 4 people.
- Oven safe at temperatures up to 500°F.
#4 T-fal Ultimate Hard Anodized Nonstick Wok For Gas Stove
As many reviewers noted on Amazon, the T-fal Ultimate Hard Anodized Nonstick Wok For Gas Stove is the best nonstick wok for gas stove because it is 14 inches in diameter which makes it perfect for cooking meals for large families.
The perfectly round shape and the nonstick coating make cooking healthier as little or no oil is needed to prepare a meal. The wok has a hard anodized construction which means the product is strong and will not dent easily. This also means that the wok is durable. The wok offers an even heat base which ensures your food cooks uniformly without having to worry about burnt spots or cold spots on the food.
The best feature of this product is that it has a helper handle making it easy to remove from gas stoves without burning your hands. The T-fal Ultimate Hard Anodized Nonstick Wok For Gas Stove comes with tempered glass lid which helps retain moisture in your food and prevents water from leaking out of the pan.
What we liked:
- The round shape and the nonstick coating allows it to cook even temperatures
- The helper handle makes it easy to take off the wok without burning one’s hands
- It is durable due to its hard anodized metallic construction. No rusting issues!
- The wok is perfect for cooking family meals as it can be used with a large number of utensils
- The thermometer on top of the lid makes monitoring food temperature easy.
#5 Kenmore Hammond Flat Bottom Carbon Steel Wok For Gas Stove
The Kenmore Hammond Wok For Gas Stove are made of carbon steel, a thinner and lighter material than their cast-iron counterparts that is ideal for quick cooking, but also conducts heat more evenly. The pans are coated with oiled so they don’t rust, and the ergonomic design allows for easier handling of the pan.
The 14-inch diameter fits perfectly over single burners and it has a flat bottom so you can toss food while cooking. This wok comes pre-seasoned with soybean oil eliminating the time consuming seasoning process. So you can use this wok right out of the box.
What we liked:
- Made of 100% carbon steel and safe to use, with a nonstick coating inside and a long wooden handle.
- The carbon steel wok is built to withstand the rigors of constant stir frying in a busy commercial kitchen.
- It is easy to clean and it’s non-toxic cooking.
- It is 14 inches in diameter, which is perfect for most families.
- With a wide range of heat sources including electric stoves, glass stoves and gas stoves, etc., can be perfectly compatible with all cooking utensils.
#6 Helen’s Asian Kitchen Carbon Steel Wok For Gas Stove
The Helen’s Asian Kitchen Carbon Steel Wok For Gas Stove, 13.5-inch is a round-bottomed wok made from carbon steel and designed for gas stoves. It is a traditional flat-bottom pan which has to be used on the ring of a gas stove. The wok has a bamboo handle and a steel hanging loop on the other side of the handle. The wok can be used in the oven up to 450 F and under the broiler but not on an induction stovetop. It can also be used on electric coil stoves with a wok ring.
The manufacturer recommends that it should be seasoned before use by heating oil in it until it smokes lightly and then wiping off excess oil before letting it sit to cool down completely. When seasoned, the pan’s surface becomes non-stick which is a great advantage when cooking foods like eggs or stir-fries, which can stick to traditional pans.
The carbon steel construction makes this pan extremely durable and long lasting, especially if taken care of properly by drying immediately after washing and seasoning regularly with hot oil. It has two holes at the top for hanging it on display in your kitchen and comes with a spindle for easy stirring of food cooked in the pan.
What we liked:
- This carbon steel wok is sturdy, durable and extremely long-lasting with proper care.
- The non-stick surface is great for cooking vegetables, meats, and eggs very quickly.
- Stainless steel hanging loop to hang the wok on display in your kitchen.
- Both sides of the wok have a hanging loop for easy storage and can be used on gas stove.
- The wok comes with an adjustable bamboo wok handle for better grip and control.
#7 Rachael Ray Brights Nonstick Wok For Gas Stove
The Rachael Ray Brights Nonstick Wok For Gas Stove is the perfect piece for preparing stir fry and other pan Asian meals. The generous capacity of this stir fry pan makes it ideal for family-size dishes and one-pan dinners. And with its hard-anodized construction and durable nonstick interior, the wok offers high performance for everyday cooking.
The wok features a long, grippy handle to provide a confident grasp when tossing or stirring ingredients in the pan. A shatter-resistant glass lid allows simmering or steaming to be monitored without losing heat or moisture, and it lets the colorful interior of the pot peek through. Oven safe to 350 °F, this stylish wok is a great addition to other cookware and dinnerware pieces in the full Rachael Ray Brights collection.
A handy helper for making delicious Asian-style meals at home, the sturdy Rachael Ray Brights Nonstick Wok For Gas Stove is built to stand up to daily use and boasts superior nonstick performance for easy food release and cleanup.
What we liked:
- Nonstick interior lets you cook with less oil.
- Glass lid lets you watch your stir fry as it cooks.
- Sturdy construction with a long handle.
- Easily heats to high temperatures, is oven safe to 350°F.
- Hard-anodized aluminum construction ensures durable performance.
#8 Calphalon Contemporary Aluminum Nonstick Wok For Gas Stove
This Calphalon Contemporary Nonstick Wok For Gas Stove is made with dual-layer nonstick for extra-easy food release and cleanup, and constructed from durable hard-anodized aluminum for fast and even heating. The long, brushed stainless steel handles are designed to stay cool on the stovetop. Pans and covers are also oven safe, making it ideal for finishing a gourmet dish. Use it for cooking omelets and quesadillas or searing steaks, chicken and fish.
Heavy gauge aluminum construction ensures even heating and is hard anodized for durability. It also makes it dishwasher-safe. Interior includes three layers of nonstick coating – two layers provide durability and the third layer offers easy release performance. The long stainless steel handle feels comfortable in hand and stays cool on the stovetop. Pans and covers are also oven safe, making it ideal for finishing a gourmet dish.
What we liked:
- Nonstick surface releases foods without sticking
- Wide flat bottom with gently sloping sides allow for freer movement of food
- Long stainless steel handle stays cool on the stovetop
- Oven safe to 450 °F (232 °C)
- Evenly heated, heavy gauge aluminum construction
#9 Circulon Symmetry Nonstick Wok For Gas Stove
The Circulon Symmetry Nonstick Wok For Gas Stove is designed with a distinctive chocolate-colored nonstick cooking surface for impeccable food release and easy cleanup. The wok’s heavy-duty hard-anodized construction is twice as hard as stainless steel for long-lasting performance, and its dimpled cooking surface is coated with DuPont Autograph nonstick for exceptionally easy food release and cleanup. The wok also features the unique TOTAL Food Release System combining PFOA-free metal utensil safe premium-quality 3-layer nonstick with raised circles to reduce abrasion from frequent use.
Rubberized stainless steel handles are double riveted for extra strength, and shatter-resistant glass lids seal in heat and moisture. Oven safe to 400°F, the wok works beautifully on all stovetops including induction. Enjoy exceptional cooking performance with the Circulon Symmetry Wok For Gas Stove, backed by a Hassle Free Lifetime Guarantee.
What we liked:
- It has a durable exterior and comes with a glass lid for easy viewing of your food.
- The wok works on all stovetops and is oven safe up to 400°F.
- The wok also has a beautiful chocolate color with an eye catching design.
- With its heavy duty material, the wok does not feel cheap and will last for years.
#10 Rachael Ray Cucina Nonstick Wok For Gas Stove
The Rachael Ray Cucina Nonstick Wok For Gas Stove with Pour Spout is ideal for preparing a hearty stir-fry or sauté on the stovetop, then pouring out the delicious contents. The wok is made with hard-anodized aluminum that heats swiftly and evenly, reducing hot spots that can burn foods. The durable nonstick surface inside releases foods effortlessly, and allows for easy cleanup.
The PFOA-free nonstick releases food easily and cleans up quickly, whether you’re preparing chicken and rice for a spicy casserole or slicing vegetables for a stir-fry supper. Oven safe to 400°F, the wok’s silicone handles provide a comfortable grasp, while the shatter-resistant glass lid seals in heat and moisture as foods cook. This deep pan is constructed from hard anodized aluminum which provides fast, even heating and helps to reduce hot spots that can burn foods.
What we liked:
- Clear glass lid makes it easy to monitor food.
- Hard anodized aluminum eliminates hot spots for even cooking.
- Ergonomic silicone handles for a comfortable, safe grip.
- Nonstick surface releases foods easily.
The Features To Look for When Buying Woks For Gas Stove
If you’re buying a wok for the first time or if it’s been years since you’ve bought one, it can be difficult to know what to look for. There are so many different types of woks available, and it can be difficult to know which type is best. Woks can be made of many different materials, come in various shapes and sizes and have different handles. Let’s take a look at some features that are important to consider when buying a wok for gas stove.
- Material – The material of your wok is perhaps the most important consideration. Traditionally, woks were made out of carbon steel or cast iron. Both types of metal conduct heat well, and both materials will develop non-stick properties after extended use. If you prefer nonstick, there are other options available as well. Some companies have made non-stick woks, but keep in mind that these will not last as long as carbon steel or cast iron pans.
- Size and Shape – Another important consideration is the shape and size of the wok. Many people think that all woks are round bottoms that fit into a wok ring on the stovetop, but this isn’t true! Woks can be found in many shapes and sizes with flat bottoms that sit directly on the stove and with specially designed handles.
- Functionality – Also look at the features of the wok. Does it have a lid? If so, is it hinged or removable? How big is the handle? Is it made out of a material that is comfortable to hold with your hand? Make sure you know how the wok will function before you buy.
- Seasoning – Many woks do not come pre-seasoned, but this is something that can be easily done yourself. Just follow the manufacturers’ instructions when seasoning a wok.
- Wok Cooking – Wok cooking is unique. It’s a perfect way to cook anything that needs to be stir-fried in the Asian style: rice, noodles, tofu, vegetables and meat.
FAQs about Wok For Gas Stove
1. What materials are best for making Woks For Gas Stoves?
Woks can be made from a variety of materials. The most common material is carbon steel, as it is lightweight, inexpensive, and easy to season. Many people prefer stainless steel woks because they are easier to care for. Cast iron woks are very durable and excellent for high-heat cooking but can be heavy. Copper woks are beautiful but expensive and require a lot of upkeep. Aluminum woks are not recommended because they can react with acidic foods and lose their shape over time.
2. How do you know when a wok is hot enough?
There’s a number of ways to check. If you’re using a gas stove, one of the best methods is to tip the wok slightly and see how long it takes for the oil to begin smoking. If it starts smoking within 5 seconds, then your wok should be ready.
If you’re using an electric stove, another good method is to splash some water inside the wok. When it begins evaporating immediately, your wok should be ready.
3. How long does it take to get the right seasoning on a new wok?
This really depends on how often you use your wok and how much oil you put in each time. Generally speaking, non-stick surfaces are built up over time every time you cook with them. So if you have a brand new carbon steel wok, don’t expect it to be completely non-stick after your first meal (although food shouldn’t stick too badly). However, if you cook with your wok regularly, say once or twice a week. Then it shouldn’t take more than 2-3 months to create a good non-stick surface.
In conclusion, whether you prefer stir-frying or steaming, there are many different styles of gas stovetops available today. With so many options on the market today, it’s easy to get confused about which one will work best for your kitchen. However, if you follow our advice and read reviews from other consumers like yourself, then it should be easy for you to find the best product for your needs! If all else fails, remember that there isn’t really any such thing as “the best” when it comes to gas stoves; what’s most important is finding something that works well with your cooking style.