Whether you’re a college student or a busy professional, sometimes you just need to heat up a quick meal. A microwave is the perfect appliance for this task. But with so many models out there, it can be difficult to find the right one.
A 700 watt microwave will do an acceptable job if you heat up food for short periods of time or are simply re-heating food. If you plan on cooking longer or more complicated recipes, then look for a higher wattage.
The average microwave oven uses between 500 and 1000 watts. Microwaves rated at 700 watts and less may not cook food evenly. However, they do offer the convenience of smaller size and enable you to conserve energy.
- Is 700 Watts Microwave Good Enough?
- What Kind Of Food You Cook In A 700 Watt Microwave?
- Can You Pop Popcorn In A 700 Watt Microwave?
- How Big Is A 700 Watt Microwave?
- Benefits Of A 700 Watts Microwave?
- How Much Longer Does A 700 Watt Microwave Cook?
- 700 Watts Vs 1200 Watts Microwave
Is 700 Watts Microwave Good Enough?
The 700-watt model is not just one of the best microwave ovens you can buy, it is an all-around appliance that should be considered for your set of kitchen essentials. Lightweight and compact, this is one of the top shelf models from Panasonic and it has a lot of room inside to accommodate different types of food. It heats food evenly across the glass turntable which rotates consistently and quietly.
The microwave has a number of preset menus that allow you to cook or reheat food at different temperature levels, so there’s no need to adjust anything manually. It also has a keypad lock feature to prevent children from using it without adult supervision and a child safety lock to prevent accidental use by kids.
It comes with an easy-to-read control panel with large buttons, defrost features and 30-seconds plus control with memory function. The design is sleek yet simple enough for anyone to operate. This microwave oven can be installed easily on any countertop where there’s ample space for it.
What Kind Of Food You Cook In A 700 Watt Microwave?
- Soup. You can heat soup in a 700 watt microwave. Microwaves are great for heating up soups. If you have soup for lunch every day, and you need to reheat it, the microwave is the best way to do this. Make sure the soup is in a microwave safe bowl.
- Scrambled Eggs. A 700 watt microwave will be able to cook scrambled eggs. If you enjoy eating eggs for breakfast, and you want to save time cooking them in the morning, then a microwave is a good alternative to using a stove top or frying pan.
- Pizza. You can cook pizza in a 700 watt microwave. Even though pizzas are designed to be cooked in an oven, they can also be cooked in a microwave. This method of cooking might not produce the same quality as an oven but it will still taste good.
- Bacon. You can cook bacon in a 700 watt microwave. Bacon tastes great when it is crispy and this is why many people use microwaves to cook bacon instead of frying pans or stoves because the bacon will come out crispier than if you cooked it on a stove top or frying pan.
- Frozen Food Items (pizza/chicken/burger). You can cook frozen food items such as pizza, chicken and burger patties in a 700 watt microwave. If you do not have an oven in your home and you want to heat up frozen food items, the best thing to do is use a 700 watt microwave to cook them.
- Tofu. You can cook tofu in a 700 watt microwave. Tofu is made of soybeans pressed into soft white blocks and it can be used as a replacement for meat. The reason why many people use microwaves for cooking tofu is because the microwave is more energy efficient than cooking with a stove.
Can You Pop Popcorn In A 700 Watt Microwave?
Yes, you can pop popcorn in a 700 watt microwave.
The main thing to look for when popping popcorn in the microwave is the wattage of your microwave. The lower the wattage, the longer it will take to pop the popcorn.
For instance, if you have a 700 watt microwave, it will take about 3 minutes to pop popcorn. If your wattage is higher, say 1,000 watts or more, it will only take 2 minutes to pop.Note: It is best to start with 2 minutes and check every 30 seconds until your popcorn pops at its fullest and at an even rate.
How Big Is A 700 Watt Microwave?
The size of the microwave will depend on the make and model of the machine. However, 700-watt microwaves tend to be smaller. For example, many 700-watt microwaves are countertop models that measure 12 inches by 18 inches.
Benefits Of A 700 Watts Microwave?
A 700-watt microwave oven should be powerful enough to cook most types of food to perfection.
Here are the 5 benefits of a 700 watts microwave:
1. Fast cooking
Since this microwave has a power rating of 700 watts, it is capable of cooking food very quickly. You don’t have to wait for long minutes for your food to get ready. It will be ready in just a few seconds and you can eat it as soon as possible. It has also been found that higher powered microwaves produce more evenly cooked food compared to microwaves with low power ratings.
2. Great space saver
This microwave is a great space saver and you can place it anywhere in your kitchen or elsewhere in your home. It doesn’t take up too much space but there is enough room inside to cook a lot of food at once.
3. Easy operation
It’s very easy to operate this microwave and you don’t need any special instructions or training to use it. It’s simple enough for anyone to use and its controls are very straightforward and easy-to-use. It also comes with an instruction manual which explains everything you need to know about the microwave and how to operate it safely without getting hurt in the process.
4. Safety features
Most microwaves come with safety features like overheat protection, browning control, and clock timer functions. In addition to that, it has a cool-touch exterior that makes it safe to touch even when it’s in use. This will keep you safe from any unpleasant burning feelings on your hand while cooking or handling the microwave after use.
5. Energy efficiency
Microwaves run on a combination of heat and magnetic fields which turns energy into thermal energy. This means that a microwave oven only uses as much energy as is required to heat the food which it has been cooked in. It also comes with a cooking sensor which adjusts the power settings automatically so you don’t have to make every little change manually.
If you are serious about getting value for your money, this 700-watt microwave will not disappoint you.
How Much Longer Does A 700 Watt Microwave Cook?
On the average, a 700 watt microwave will take 1 minute and 20 seconds to cook 1 regular sized hot pocket.
The only thing you need to know about microwave cooking is that every 700 watts of power, microwaves cook food twice as fast (or half as long) at the same wattage.
It takes about 3 minutes in a 1200 watt oven and about 6 minutes in a 600 watt oven. It will take about 12 minutes in a 300 watt oven.
The higher the power level of your microwave, the faster it cooks.
To give you a better idea of how long things will take, I’ve compiled this list of how long it takes to cook things in a 700-watt microwave.
700 Watts Vs 1200 Watts Microwave
With the advent of microwaves, cooking has become a lot easier and simpler. But still, there are many people who find it difficult to differentiate between a 700 watts microwave and a 1200 watts microwave. The major difference between both the models is their power. Higher the wattage, more is the heating speed and energy consumption.
The higher wattage model is more expensive than the lower wattage model. A 1200 watts model costs around $30 more than a 700 watts model. If your use of microwave is less but you have an average sized family then a 700 watts microwave will be sufficient for you. On the other hand if you use your microwave a lot then you can consider buying a higher wattage microwave that can cook food quickly, saving your time and electricity bill.
In conclusion, microwaves with 700 watts are not as good as higher wattage ones. They will result in slower cooking times and less thorough heating of your food. But that doesn’t mean 700 watts is a bad option. If you have a small family and use the microwave only sparingly, it could be the perfect fit for your needs.