Are you tired of your oven cleaning up like a dirty old man after Thanksgiving dinner? Are you tired of disappointing family members by not properly maintaining your oven? Have you always wanted to say, “I made this filthy oven as clean as a whistle” with pride? Say no more! By using Oven Cleaner, you can easily make your hot pink appliance look new again
- How We Tested The Best Oven Cleaners
- What Are The Best Oven Cleaners?
- #1 Easy-Off Fume Free Oven Cleaner Spray
- #2 Goo Gone Surface Safe Oven Cleaner
- #3 Diversey Cbd991206 Oven And Grill Cleaner
- #4 Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Oven Cleaner
- #5 Fuller Brush Self Scouring Oven Cleaner
- #6 Zep Heavy-Duty Oven And Grill Cleaner
- #7 Sprayway Heavy-Duty Oven And Grill Cleaner
- #8 Kona Safe Clean Oven Cleaner
- #9 Simple Green 14002 Industrial Oven Cleaner
- #10 Miele Oven Tableware Spray Cleaner
- Factors You Should Consider When Buying Oven Cleaners
- Handy Tips For Using Oven Cleaners
- 1. Oven Cleaners Are Caustic And Need To Be Used With Caution.
- 2. Always Wear Protective Gloves
- 3. Open Windows, And/Or Use Fans To Provide Ventilation.
- 4. Do Not Touch Or Breathe In Evaporating Oven Cleaner Fumes.
- 5. About The Grime Problem
- 6. Do Not Use An Oven Cleaner On Aluminum Surfaces Or Cookware.
- 7. Need To Test It On A Small Area
- 8. Wait Until It Can Be Cleaned!
- 8 Quick Cleaning Steps For The Oven With An Oven Cleaner
- 1. What Ingredients Should I Look For In An Oven Cleaner?
- 2. What Is The Difference Between A Caustic Oven Cleaner And A Non-Caustic Oven Cleaner?
- 3. Does Oven Cleaner Work On A Regular Basis?
- 4. Can I Clean My Oven While It’S Still Hot?
- 5. Can I Use An Oven Cleaner In A Self-Cleaning Oven?
- 6. Is Oven Cleaner Effective On Glass?
- In Summary
How We Tested The Best Oven Cleaners
We wanted to ensure the best oven cleaners actually did the job, so we brought in ten of our favorite models and put them through their paces with messes both fresh and old. We applied the cleaners to two kinds of stains:
Coffee spills from a cup that tipped over on the oven rack then dried for an hour
The remnants of a burnt-on chicken parmesan dinner, baked for five hours at 350 degrees
We immediately cleaned up the coffee spill with a paper towel after it had dried, then used an equal amount (about a tablespoon) of each cleaner per stain. We followed the instructions on each bottle and let them sit for as long as they recommended before scrubbing with a wet sponge or paper towels. We wiped away leftovers with a dry paper towel and then rinsed them with warm water. We tested all ten oven cleaners on both stains, but only assessors were aware of which products were being used when.
Our reviewers looked for the following criteria in their assessments:
1. Ease Of Use
How easy was it to apply? Did you have to dilute or mix anything? Was there a strong odor? Were you able to apply it without getting your hands dirty?
How long did it take for each product to remove baked-on food spills?
Was the product easy to apply?
How well did it work? Could you easily cover a surface with one bottle? Could you see the cleaner working?
5. Ease Of Cleanup
How long did it take to remove the stain when you were done? How much scrubbing did it require?
6. Overall Satisfaction
Was there anything about this product that didn’t work as intended, or something you’re not happy about?
What Are The Best Oven Cleaners?
#1 Easy-Off Fume Free Oven Cleaner Spray
The Easy-Off Fume Free Oven Cleaner Spray is one of the popular cleaning products among many families. It is highly efficient in removing baked-on grease and food spills in your oven and on other surfaces like stovetops, stainless steel, barbeque grills, and broilers. It allows you to clean your oven without any gloves or give off a strong smell of chemicals.
This is an aerosol can cleaner with a fresh lemon scent. You will not encounter any fume while using this product because it’s 100% fume-free. You can start the cleaning process by spraying directly onto the surface that you want to clean—then wipe off with a damp sponge cloth or paper towel after 30 seconds (or longer if necessary). When you’re done, just rinse the surface with water thoroughly and dry it up—the stain will be gone!
What we liked:
- It is a powerful cleaner that can remove grease and food.
- This product is safe to use since it’s harmful chemical-free.
- It has a nice smell, perfect for oven spot cleaning in 30 seconds
- It leaves your oven-fresh, clean, and lemony scented after it is done cleaning.
- It is highly recommended for all the people who like to bake during the holidays.
- You can use this product on your stainless steel stovetop, grills, and other surfaces.
#2 Goo Gone Surface Safe Oven Cleaner
Goo Gone Surface Safe Oven Cleaner is a simple and practical solution to clean up the oven. Along with its ease of use, this product is worth spending money on because it can be used on any hot surface. It will remove grease and burnt food in just minutes.
Its formula which includes non-toxic ingredients will keep your hands safe from dangerous chemicals of other products that can cause allergic reactions. In addition to the oven, you can also clean the barbecue grill or broiler with this cleaner. You just have to spray or wipe the cleaner on it for about 5 minutes and then scrub with a sponge until all dirt disappears. This product does not contain any harsh chemicals so it does not hurt your skin or eyes when using it.
What we liked:
- 100% safe and non-toxic ingredients, effective in cleaning even the grimiest of ovens and broilers.
- Bleach-free so your hands are not injured while using it.
- No need to scrub or pressure wash after cleaning.
- Safe and effective on surfaces like stainless steel, glass, ceramic, and more.
- It can remove grease, burnt food, crayon marks, and more on hot surfaces
- It is the perfect solution for cleaning BBQ grills and broilers.
#3 Diversey Cbd991206 Oven And Grill Cleaner
If you are looking for an effective, safe, and environmentally-friendly oven cleaner, the Diversey CBD991206 Oven and Grill Cleaner are exactly what you need. It is a cleaning agent-free with a fast-acting formula that quickly and effectively cleans most oven surfaces.
Additionally, it is safe on ovens and grills as well as can be used on all surfaces including stainless steel, porcelain enamel, iron, undecorated ceramic tile, concrete, and glass. Not only does it work perfectly but also it has no offensive odors or contains any CFCs. It cools down your oven to normal temperature within just 15 minutes after use. Also worth noting is that it works great in hot ovens up to 212 degrees Fahrenheit.
What we liked:
- A safe, versatile, and easy-to-use oven cleaner that works quickly.
- It does not use any harsh or toxic chemicals.
- The formula is fast-acting and works well in 15 minutes.
- It keeps the oven fairly clean without being reactive to any other material in the oven.
- This cleaner is environmentally friendly and has a pleasant smell.
#4 Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Oven Cleaner
While the other oven cleaners on this list are more than capable of handling general grime and stains, they won’t replace a good scrubbing when removing tough baked-on stains. The Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Oven Cleaner is made specifically for these types of heavy-duty jobs and will take care of set-in dirt, spills, and other stubborn marks that your average cleaner would be powerless against.
The most impressive thing about this product is that it contains no harsh chemicals but still has the power to remove even the most deeply set in burns by using water alone. It cleans without creating strong odors or fumes, so you can use it as often as required without worrying about inhaling toxic chemicals or having your home smell like a chemical plant.
What we liked:
- A heavy-duty oven cleaner with no risk of harsh chemicals.
- It is very effective at removing baked-on grease, stains, and dirt.
- It is highly recommended for cleaning ovens on Halloween and Thanksgiving.
- It works amazingly well on porcelain and ceramic ovens.
- This product is eco-friendly because it doesn’t pollute the environment.
#5 Fuller Brush Self Scouring Oven Cleaner
The Fuller Brush Self-Scouring Oven Cleaner is another best oven cleaner for home use. It comes in a 22-ounce container and is excellent for cleaning ovens, grills, and broilers. The product is safe to use on these items of cookware because it does not contain any caustic or acidic materials. In addition to its main uses, the cleaner can also be used on pots, pans, and bakeware.
It works as a powerful degreaser that will dissolve stubborn grease and grime in no time at all. The formula is stronger than most commercial cleaners but has no odor or fumes. This makes it easy to use and is one of the best oven cleaner products on the market today.
What we liked:
- It is an all-purpose cleaner that does not contain any harmful chemicals.
- It is environmentally safe and will not pollute the environment.
- This product comes in a huge bottle with a high concentration of 4 ounces per fluid ounce.
- This product is a great, inexpensive option for cleaning your oven.
- It is a safe cleaner that can be used by anyone around the house since it doesn’t have any harsh chemicals or odors.
#6 Zep Heavy-Duty Oven And Grill Cleaner
We’re confident that you can clean your oven like it’s never been cleaned before with the Zep Heavy-Duty Oven and Grill Cleaner. The formula is designed for cleaning ranges, grills, pans, rotisseries, and burner drip pans. It’s also safe to use on stainless steel, ceramic, and glass surfaces.
The formula is non-caustic and non-corrosive—two things you should look for in an oven cleaner—but it’s still powerful enough to remove all of the grease and carbon buildups from your oven or grill without much elbow grease on your part. Just spray on the product and let it sit for 3-5 minutes before wiping it away with a clean cloth.
It works really well on both new messes as well as old ones that have been baked onto your appliance over time by high temperatures. Your appliances will sparkle like new once again!
What we liked:
- This oven cleaner is non-caustic and non-corrosive.
- Easy to apply, no greasing up needed.
- Not only will it help you clean grills, it also cleans ovens, fireplaces, floors, and more.
- It works quickly—just spray it on and wipe away the traces of old grease or dirt.
#7 Sprayway Heavy-Duty Oven And Grill Cleaner
Sprayway Heavy-Duty Oven And Grill Cleaner is an effective way to clean your oven and grill. This product is specially formulated to make cleaning your stove and grill easier, especially when you have baked-on food, grease, or other debris. It’s a great product for stove and grill grates, too.
It can be used for both spray-and-wipe cleaning and overnight cleaning applications. Just spray directly onto the surface to be cleaned and wipe away the residue with a damp sponge or cloth. The product will work quickly to remove dirt, grease, and grime from your ovens and grills so they look like new again!
What we liked:
- This product is formulated especially to clean stove and grill grates, too.
- It can be used for both spray-and-wipe cleaning and overnight cleaning applications.
- The formula is designed for heavy-duty cleaning jobs and will remove baked-on grease, dirt, and food from your ovens or grills.
- It is safe to use on stainless steel, ceramic, porcelain, glass, aluminum, and more.
#8 Kona Safe Clean Oven Cleaner
Kona Safe Clean Oven Cleaner makes cleaning your oven a breeze. This eco-friendly and biodegradable cleaner comes with a powerful spray that can help to make short work of any stubborn stains, grease, or caked-on food.
It works well on most types of ovens, including electric and gas ovens, self-cleaning ovens, as well as microwave ovens. The unique safe formula is non-toxic for the environment and safe for all stove types. It also does not require you to use any caustic fumes or strong odors.
It even improves air quality in your home because it is made without harmful phosphates or other harsh chemicals that many conventional cleaners use. This easy-to-use cleaner will clean away flaky carbon, grease, burnt-on food build up and much more. You’ll appreciate how easy it is to wipe away the messes after using this product.
What we liked:
- It’s specially designed with all-natural ingredients that will effectively clean your stovetop, inside and out.
- This is a safe and effective oven cleaner that is non-toxic to the environment.
- It comes with a powerful spray that can work at removing baked-on food, grease, and stains from your ovens.
- It will not damage your ovens or cause harmful fumes or odors to get into your home.
- This is a great option for ovens, grills, and other types of cookware.
- It can help to clean your oven in only 15 minutes or less.
#9 Simple Green 14002 Industrial Oven Cleaner
Simple Green is a brand of non-toxic, biodegradable household cleaners made in the U.S. The industrial oven cleaner is designed to be used on ovens, grills, and fryers. It can also be used on stainless steel, chrome, aluminum, and other kitchen surfaces. This non-flammable, non-abrasive, and non-corrosive product is easy to use and produces superior results. I find it great for cleaning the bottom of ovens since it has a thicker consistency than most other cleaners and sticks to walls better.
The cleaner can also be applied via spray bottle for convenience or regular application after every use of your kitchen appliance. Simple Green makes many other cleaners that complement this product well including glass cleaner, stainless steel cleaner, drain opener plus gel, and general-purpose degreaser/cleaner.
What we liked:
- This product is biodegradable, non-toxic, and non-corrosive.
- It is easy to use and produces superior results.
- The spray bottle makes applying it easier than other cleaners I’ve used in the past.
- It works great on pans, and stovetops, and is safe to use on glass, stainless steel, aluminum, and more.
- It also has a great scent as well as a natural cleaning agent to make it gentler in the environment.
#10 Miele Oven Tableware Spray Cleaner
Miele Oven Tableware Spray Cleaner is a powerful cleaning solution that’s easy to use on even the most stubborn of stains. Not only can this spray be used with self-cleaning ovens, but it’s great for cleaning grill racks, Tepan Yaki, and removing leftover residue in casserole dishes. The best part? It’s ready to go within just a few minutes!
Easy to use, this cleaner requires no preheating as it works its way through even the toughest of stains. Its non-flammable, non-abrasive, and non-corrosive properties make it safe for you to use too! Miele Oven Tableware Spray Cleaner is sure to deliver a superior clean that you won’t get from any other product on the market.
What we liked:
- This product is safe to use on all stoneware, glass and ceramic cookware, and ovens.
- It uses an alkaline formula that is safe on many different types of surfaces.
- Comes in a spray bottle which allows you to spray easily know where to swipe.
- Works quickly on stubborn stains and caked-on food in your ovens and grills.
- Also helps remove the gunk that casseroles create when left in the pan overnight.
Factors You Should Consider When Buying Oven Cleaners
As with any household cleaning product, oven cleaners are designed to make your work easier and faster. When shopping for the best oven cleaner, here are some key factors to consider:
1. Intended Use
The type of oven cleaner you should buy depends on the job you intend it to do. You can choose from different types of cleaners such as mild, heavy-duty, and non-caustic cleaners. If you have a light project for your oven, then a mild cleaner will do. A heavy-duty oven cleaner is ideal for big jobs like cleaning a grill, kitchen range hood, and other tough surfaces. Non-caustic oven cleaners are safe on most surfaces but are not that effective when used on carbonized soils or burnt food stains.
2. Application And Texture
Another factor that you need to consider is the application and texture of the cleaner. Oven cleaners are available as sprays, gels, foams, powders, or liquids
Sprays are the most popular form of oven cleaner, with the majority of options on the market being sold in this form. The liquid is sprayed onto the surface to be cleaned and left to sit for a set period of time before rinsing or wiping off.
Gel oven cleaners are usually spread over the surface to be cleaned with a sponge or rag and left for a set time before being scrubbed off. The gel texture allows it to penetrate into grime better than some other forms.
Foam cleaners are used in much the same way as gels, though the foam consistency tends to make them easier to use. The foam expands when applied to cover larger areas and is less likely to drip off surfaces.
Powders are sometimes preferred because they allow consumers to better control the application process. The powder can be sprayed into the oven, and consumers can use a brush to apply it to specific areas.
Liquid cleaners, on the other hand, sometimes require a special plastic bag that is placed over the rack and then filled with the liquid cleaner. The rack is then left to soak overnight in the cleaner. This process can be messy, but it is usually effective.
3. Natural Vs. Chemical Ingredients
Your first decision is whether to use a chemical or natural product.
Natural Oven Cleaners are as effective as other types of cleaners, and they’re safer for humans and pets. However, they typically require more time than chemical products. For example, baking soda requires at least 30 minutes to work effectively, while vinegar takes between 30 and 60 minutes. Furthermore, food stains and grease may require more scrubbing with natural products than with chemical products.
Chemical Oven Cleaners: These solutions contain harsh chemicals that corrode the grease and baked-on food in your oven. The fumes often have a strong odor that can be overwhelming in a small kitchen. They also pose a danger to people who have respiratory problems or skin sensitivities.
The most important factor to look out for when buying an oven cleaner is the type. There are two main types of oven cleaners in the market, which include manual and automatic.
Manual oven cleaners will require you to apply the cleaner by yourself and then clean the grime with a scrubber.
Automatic cleaners feature a self-cleaning mode that uses high temperatures to burn off all the food particles deposited on the walls of your oven.
Therefore, it is important to choose an oven cleaner that suits your needs and preferences.
5. Cleaning abilities
After all, there’s no point in spending money on something if it doesn’t do what it’s supposed to do. Typically, your options are those that use steam and those that don’t. The former is generally easier to use and better at removing baked-on messes. However, they might not have as many features as non-steam oven cleaners. This means that they’re not always flexible when it comes to cleaning different types of ovens as well as other appliances
Some oven cleaners are scented, which can be a plus if you’re going to be using the product regularly. Some people prefer mild scents while others like more potent ones. The intensity of the smell should be just right for your nose and should not be too overpowering. If you cannot tolerate strong scents, then it would be best to go for oven cleaners with milder ones.
7. Application Time
If you want to avoid spending more than a few minutes scrubbing away at your oven, it’s important that you look for an oven cleaner that’s easy to apply. Ideally, it should be able to be sprayed inside the oven and stand for several hours or overnight before wiping away with a clean cloth or paper towel. This is why many of the best cleaners are gel-based or use a foaming formula.
Handy Tips For Using Oven Cleaners
Whenever we clean our ovens it seems like there is always a few areas of the hob that are missed leading to smoke and a horrible smell emanating from the following meal cooked on the hob. Utilizing these handy tips will ensure you have a nice, clean oven and enjoy some wonderful food done in it.
1. Oven Cleaners Are Caustic And Need To Be Used With Caution.
Most oven cleaners will come with a warning label, and this is often the best place to start when deciding on a cleaner. The label will list any specific safety precautions that must be taken.
2. Always Wear Protective Gloves
When using oven cleaners, wear rubber gloves, long sleeves and pants, closed-toe shoes, and eye protection. A mask or respirator is a good idea for protecting your lungs. Because it has caustic and can lead to skin burns. If the cleaner has an aerosol sprayer, it should never be sprayed directly onto food or into an oven that is in use. It should also not be used on other appliances that come in contact with food, such as refrigerators or microwaves.
3. Open Windows, And/Or Use Fans To Provide Ventilation.
Most oven cleaners give off a strong smell, which can be hazardous if you breathe in too much of it at once. Open the windows in the kitchen and turn on the fan above the stove (if you have one) to help get rid of some of the fumes.
4. Do Not Touch Or Breathe In Evaporating Oven Cleaner Fumes.
If an oven cleaner comes in contact with your skin, wash it off immediately. If you get the cleaner in your eyes, flush your eyes with cold water and seek medical attention. If you accidentally swallow oven cleaner, call a poison control center right away.
5. About The Grime Problem
If you have problems removing the grime from the bottom of your oven, use a regular household sponge instead of a steel wool pad.
6. Do Not Use An Oven Cleaner On Aluminum Surfaces Or Cookware.
The caustic chemicals can etch aluminum and damage the surface.
7. Need To Test It On A Small Area
Before using a new cleaner, it is important to test it on a small area first, such as the back or bottom of the appliance. This ensures that there are no adverse effects when exposed to finished surfaces such as stainless steel or chrome.
8. Wait Until It Can Be Cleaned!
Most oven cleaners will require some time before they can be cleaned from an oven. Usually, this is between 15 and 20 minutes. Once the cleaning time has elapsed, the oven should be washed out thoroughly with water and dried before use. This helps to remove any trace of the cleaning chemicals from the oven.
8 Quick Cleaning Steps For The Oven With An Oven Cleaner
1. Put a large plastic trash bag on the floor underneath the oven door and open it.
2. Wipe the outside of the oven with a damp sponge or cloth to clean off any ashes or large debris.
3. Put on rubber gloves, preferably elbow-length ones, as oven cleaner is caustic and can burn your skin.
4. Spray the inside of the oven with oven cleaner, including the glass window in the door, if it has one.
5. Close the oven door and shut off the oven light so you’ll know when to check it later.
6. Leave the oven alone for at least six hours or overnight, depending on how dirty it was when you started cleaning it. Open the oven door and check to see if all of the cleaners have dried up; if not, close it again and wait another hour or two before checking again.
7. Use a wet sponge to remove any black spots or areas that have not been cleaned by the cleaner. Rinse your sponge often to make sure that you’re removing dirt from your sponge instead of smearing it around on your oven’s walls and floor.
8. Leave them to dry by hanging them on both sides of the sink.
1. What Ingredients Should I Look For In An Oven Cleaner?
In general, look for sodium hydroxide (lye), sodium carbonate, and sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) for effective cleaning power.
2. What Is The Difference Between A Caustic Oven Cleaner And A Non-Caustic Oven Cleaner?
The biggest difference between the two cleaners is caustic oven cleaners contain sodium hydroxide, while non-caustic oven cleaners do not. Sodium hydroxide is highly corrosive and can cause severe burns. Non-caustic cleaners are much less hazardous, but they do require more scrubbing and cleaning time to be effective.
3. Does Oven Cleaner Work On A Regular Basis?
Yes. It is safe to use oven cleaner on a regular basis. Cleaning your oven with easy off will not only keep it clean and looking like new, but it will also remove odors that may have developed over time. This is even more important if you frequently bake or cook food in the oven.
4. Can I Clean My Oven While It’S Still Hot?
No. You should never use an oven cleaner on a hot oven or one that has just been used. The heat will cause the fumes to intensify, making them more dangerous for you to breathe and increasing their strength. If you need to use the oven immediately after cleaning, turn it on and air it out for at least 30 minutes with the windows open.
5. Can I Use An Oven Cleaner In A Self-Cleaning Oven?
No. Never use an aerosol spray or liquid-based oven cleaner in a self-cleaning or steam-cleaning oven. You can only use products specifically formulated to be used in these types of ovens.
6. Is Oven Cleaner Effective On Glass?
Generally, yes. However, if you’re cleaning the front window of your self-cleaning oven, be sure to read the manufacturer’s instructions to see whether or not a particular product is safe for that type of glass.
Note, however, that using anything other than an oven cleaner on a stovetop may cause permanent damage to the surface. When all is said and done, stick with oven cleaners for all your stovetop cleaning needs. You’ll be glad you did.