- What is Commercial Convection Oven?
- How Does a Commercial Convection Oven Work?
- Why Should Use a Commercial Convection Oven?
- Top 10+ Commercial Convection Oven Reviews
- #1. Ninja DT251 Foodi Commercial Convection Oven
- #2. Breville BOV900BSS Commercial Convection Oven
- #3. Oster TSSTTVDGXL-SHP Commercial Convection Oven
- #4. Hamilton Beach Commercial Convection Oven
- #5. Oster TSSTTVFDDG Commercial Convection Oven
- #6. Toshiba AC25CEW-BS Commercial Convection Oven
- #7. Cuisinart TOB-260N1 Commercial Convection Oven
- #8. Elite Gourmet ETO-4510M Commercial Convection Oven
- #9. Cuisinart CMW-200 1.2 Commercial Convection Oven
- #10. Calphalon 2109246 Commercial Convection Oven
- #11. Cuisinart TOB-1010 Commercial Convection Oven
- #12. Hamilton Beach 31143 Commercial Convection Oven
- What To Look For When Buying Commercial Convection Oven?
Commercial convection ovens are becoming increasingly popular in kitchens of all types, from restaurant kitchens to home kitchens. This is because convection technology allows you to get better cooking results in less time. But with so many different models to choose from, it can be hard to know which one is the right one for you.
This guide will help you figure out what kind of commercial convection oven you need, and what features you should look for when shopping for a new convection oven.
What is Commercial Convection Oven?
Commercial convection ovens are one of the easiest and most efficient ways to cook large quantities of food in a short amount of time. A commercial convection oven is a kitchen appliance used to bake or cook food by circulating hot air around the food, resulting in faster and more consistent cooking. They can be used to prepare everything from cookies and cakes to pizzas, roasts, and casseroles.
The type of oven determines how heat is distributed throughout the cavity. In commercial convection ovens, heat is forced through convection currents created by fans that circulate heated air around the food. The result is a fast-cooking oven with even temperature distribution throughout the cooking chamber.
Convection ovens are available in both countertop and floor models, with different types of heating elements including electric, gas, infrared, steam, and impinged air. Countertop convection ovens are typically smaller and easier to move than floor models. Floor models are larger with higher capacity for cooking multiple items at once.
How Does a Commercial Convection Oven Work?
A commercial convection oven must be designed with special features to accommodate the rapid cooking and baking of large quantities of food. The basic features include a fan and baffles, which work together to move the heated air around the food. The design determines how effectively the heat is distributed and how quickly the food cooks.
The fan blows heated air over a heating element into the oven cavity. The baffles are panels that deflect the hot air as it rises in the oven, forcing it to circulate back down. If these baffles are not positioned properly, hot spots can develop in the oven cavity, cooking some foods faster than others.
A thermostat controls the temperature in the oven, much like your home’s heating system operates. A temperature probe, a sensor that detects changes in temperature inside the oven cavity, regulates when and how long the heating element is activated by sending signals to a control panel, which adjusts the temperature accordingly.
Why Should Use a Commercial Convection Oven?
There are several benefits of using commercial convection ovens. Here’s why you should use one:
1. Quicker Cooking Time
Convection ovens have fans that circulate the hot air inside the oven and this allows for more even cooking. This means that the food cooks faster, compared to cooking in a traditional oven.
2. Less Energy Consumption
Convection ovens use less energy than traditional ovens because they cook faster. This is especially important for restaurants that need to use their ovens often during the day.
3. Even Cooking Results
The constant circulation of hot air inside a convection oven cooks the food evenly on all sides, resulting in an evenly browned dish with no patchy areas or undercooked spots.
Convection ovens can be used to bake, roast, grill, or even steam foods, making them versatile enough for any restaurant kitchen.
Top 10+ Commercial Convection Oven Reviews
#1. Ninja DT251 Foodi Commercial Convection Oven
The Ninja DT251 Foodi Commercial Convection Oven cooks faster than a traditional full-size convection oven, but with 2X the even cooking power of a conventional full-size convection oven. It’s perfect for all types of roasted meats, poultry and vegetables, and has an auto-defrost function so you don’t have to worry about over- or undercooking.
Ninja’s unique 2-level even cooking technology reduces fat by up to 75% without sacrificing any flavor. Plus, it’s up to 30% faster than a traditional full-size convection oven, that can cook up to twice as fast as a traditional full-size convection oven. And its 1800W of power ensures fast and even cooking.
This Ninja oven’s high-tech features include a 360° rotating rack and a retractable cord system with an extra long 180ft cord that can reach virtually anywhere in your kitchen without snagging on cabinets or appliances. The digital display makes easy work of monitoring time and cooking temperatures.
What we liked:
- 1800-watt appliance with 2-level even cooking.
- Up to 75% less fat when using the included crisper tray vs. deep frying.
- Built-in temperature probe that continuously monitors internal temperatures during use.
- Up to 30% faster cooking than a traditional full-size convection oven.
- 90 second preheat time.
#2. Breville BOV900BSS Commercial Convection Oven
The Breville BOV900BSS Commercial Convection Oven has 13 cooking functions, which makes it a versatile addition to your kitchen. It has an interior oven light, allowing you to check the status of your food without opening the door. This oven has a 60 litre capacity and is equipped with a 120 minute timer.
This commercial convection oven is great at reducing cooking time. It’s convection heating and 2 speed convection fan help increase air circulation and ensure that temperatures remain even throughout the cooking process. This also helps reduce cooking time by up to 30%.
This product features a digital display, making it easy for you to see how long your food has been cooking. Featuring a stainless steel finish, it seamlessly blends in with any modern kitchen. With its 1500 watt power output, this Breville toaster oven ensures that everything is cooked thoroughly each time you use it.
What we liked:
- 13 cooking functions to guide you to perfection.
- Reduce cooking time by up to 30% with great crispness.
- 2 speed convection fan system means you can achieve delicious results in a fraction of the time.
- An interior oven light to keep an eye on your cooking.
#3. Oster TSSTTVDGXL-SHP Commercial Convection Oven
The Oster TSSTTVDGXL-SHP Commercial Convection Oven is a stainless steel convection oven with digital settings designed to help you cook pizzas, bake items, broil, toast and defrost. This kitchen appliance comes with a large interior that can fit up to 2 take and bake pizzas or 18 slices of bread at once.
This stainless steel convection oven also has an easy clean interior and includes 2 oven racks. It has a 90 minute timer with auto shut off feature so you don’t have to worry about whether or not the food is cooked. This Oster commercial convection oven features a 1500 watt heating element for fast preheating times.
What we liked:
- Commercial grade, stainless steel convection oven cooks faster and browns more evenly
- Digital settings for pizza, bake, broil, toast and defrost
- Large interior fits 2 take and bake pizzas; 90 minute timer with auto shut off feature
- Includes 2 oven racks so you can cook more at once; easy clean interior.
#4. Hamilton Beach Commercial Convection Oven
The Hamilton Beach Convection Oven comes is equipped with easy to use contoured knobs that not only make it simple to set the cooking temperature, but also are easy to clean. The cooking options are endless with this convection oven. You can bake pizza, cookies, cakes or even whole meals such as chicken and veggies. Hamilton Beach convection ovens are easy to use and clean up neatly thanks to their nonstick interior. This oven features a curved glass door that lets you see the progress of your food without opening the door and releasing heat. The Hamilton Beach convection oven will bring style and convenience into your kitchen.
This oven with Rotisserie makes full family meals in no time at all! The unique design rotates food in front of 2 heating elements for even cooking on top and bottom. The glass door makes viewing food easy and allows for convenient monitoring without opening the door and releasing heat. Use the convection setting to cook foods faster than conventional ovens by circulating hot air throughout the entire oven cavity which shortens your cooking time
What we liked:
- Cool touch exterior with stainless steel accents.
- Toasts your favorite breads, bagels and more.
- Sleek design includes convenient bagel setting and removable crumb tray for easy cleaning.
- 2 slice toaster features toast boost for easy retrieval of smaller slices, shade selector for perfect toast.
#5. Oster TSSTTVFDDG Commercial Convection Oven
This is a high-tech convection oven with a digital timer. When you don’t want to stand around in the kitchen waiting for your food to cook, you can program it to turn on at any time up to 90 minutes from now, and it will start cooking automatically.
This is a great oven for those occasions when you are cooking for two or more people but don’t want to cook two separate dishes in the same oven. Or maybe you want to cook bread and meat at the same time: it has two racks, so one can go in while the other is being cooked. And finally, if you are making something that looks good when it comes out of the oven but needs to be kept in there for several hours, this oven will do just fine. It even has an interior light so you can see when your food is done without opening the door. In other words, this is a very useful appliance, not just another gadget or toy designed by some marketing genius, but an actual tool that makes your life easier.
What we liked:
- You may cook your food more slowly using this oven control.
- Preheating the oven ensures that the temperature is just right for cooking.
- The oven will shut off on its own after a 90-minute timer with a notification.
- The use of digital controls eliminates the guesswork of cooking by providing accurate cooking times and temperatures.
#6. Toshiba AC25CEW-BS Commercial Convection Oven
Toshiba AC25CEW-BS Commercial Convection Oven with 1500-watt of power. This oven comes with 10 cooking settings and could fit 6 slices of bread. It has 150 – 400 °F temperature range. It has easy-to-turn control knobs and also dual position racks for cooking versatility. The interior is non-stick which makes it easy to clean after use. It has a Cool Touch Handle and a removable crumb tray for easy cleaning.
It has an attractive black stainless steel finish that suits in any kitchen decor. Some of the accessories are included in the package like 12” Pizza stone, Baking Tray, Wire Rack, Tongs, Crumb Tray and Rotisserie Kit. The Convection feature circulates warm air within the oven for fast and even cooking. It saves time and energy when using this countertop convection oven to cook your regular roasts or any other favorite food items in smaller quantity than conventional ovens.
What we liked:
- Easy-to-turn control knobs and dual position racks for better cooking.
- Made with a non-stick interior and Cool Touch Handle for easy cleaning.
- It comes with a removable crumb tray to collect particles and keep the kitchen clean.
- This product has a power of 1500W, which means that it can bring temperatures up to 400°F in only minutes.
#7. Cuisinart TOB-260N1 Commercial Convection Oven
Cuisinart TOB-260N1 Commercial Convection Oven with 1800 watts, which is powerful enough to cook a wide variety of foods and has the capacity to handle large trays of food. Toast up to nine slices of bread or bake a 12-inch pizza in this countertop oven. This oven features a door sensor that activates the oven only when its door is closed to ensure safe operation. Its non-stick interior makes cleanup easy, and its two cooking racks maximize cooking space. Other features include shade control, auto slide rack, and interior light. BPA free making them safe for use on food.
This Cuisinart convection oven is engineered with advanced technology for better performance and precise temperature control without overcooking. Unique heat circulation provides for even heating around, above and below food for faster and more uniform cooking. The result is oven-quality results two to four times faster than conventional toaster ovens!
What we liked:
- It has 1800 watts of power and can toast up to 9 slices at once.
- A non-stick interior for easy clean up, shade control,
- Convenient auto-slide rack that ensures safety when placing or removing food items.
- 2 cooking racks and an interior light so you can keep track of your meal as it cooks.
- This countertop oven is BPA free and has an extruded handle for durability.
#8. Elite Gourmet ETO-4510M Commercial Convection Oven
The Elite Gourmet ETO-4510M Commercial Convection Oven is capable of cooking nine slices of toast on two racks at the same time. The French dual door design with stainless steel door handle allows easy access to the food and a clear view of the food through the tempered glass doors. There are four rack positions that allow you to adjust the racks to accommodate a wide variety of foods. The fork assembly rotates food up to 450°F while heating elements on the bottom provide even heat distribution. A 60-minute timer with signal turns off the oven when done, while an alarm will sound when food is done. The oven comes complete with two wire shelves, a baking tray and a crumb tray for easy clean up.
This commercial convection oven features 900 watts of power and has a brushed stainless steel housing that ensures long life and durability. The ETO-4510M makes it easy to prepare everything from frozen pizzas to chicken wings, quesadillas and more!
What we liked:
- 4 rack positions with a fork assembly that rotates food up to 450°F.
- A 60-minute timer with signal turns off heating elements when finished
- A removable crumb tray, a fork assembly and two removable wire racks for easy cleaning.
- A stainless steel door handle allows you to easily open and close this oven without worry of burning yourself from excessive internal heat.
#9. Cuisinart CMW-200 1.2 Commercial Convection Oven
The Cuisinart CMW-200 1.2 Commercial Convection Oven is the perfect solution for almost any commercial kitchen. It has a 1000 watt heating element and 1.2 cubic feet of total cooking space.
The dual defrost functions make this oven easier to use, as well as more energy efficient. The smooth performance is enabled by the powerful internal fan that enables efficient convection cooking, with even heat distribution across the entire oven cavity.
This convection oven features an all stainless steel exterior, brushed stainless interior and an embossed dark tinted glass window. This oven also features 2 convenient defrost functions, one for frozen foods and one for thawing frozen foods without overheating it.
What we liked:
- 1.2-cubic-foot capacity, 1000 watts and 10 power levels.
- Brushed stainless with embossed Cuisinart logo and dark tinted glass window.
- Stainless steel interior for enhanced beauty and performance.
- Multi-stage cooking operation allows microwave to be set so one operation automatically switches to another.
- Digital clock, kitchen timer, defrost by weight or time, reheat and express cook control buttons.
#10. Calphalon 2109246 Commercial Convection Oven
The Calphalon 2109246 Commercial Convection Oven features Quartz Heat Technology, 40% more even heat for faster preheats and more precise cooking. It offers 11 precision cooking functions, including slow cook for all day roasts and stews, bake and roast for layered cakes and casseroles, proof for breads and pizza dough, bagel to toast the cut side and warm the round side, convection bake for light fluffy cakes and crispy pizza crust, convection roast for tender meats with a crisp finish, defrost for frozen foods, warm to keep food at serving temperature, reheat to restore leftovers to their proper temperature without overcooking.
This oven also features air flow circulation that circulates hot air throughout the oven cavity to ensure even baking results on every rack, every time. The built-in light lets you see your food while it cooks. The easy-to-clean interior has a durable nonstick coating so cleaning up is fast and efficient. And the removable crumb tray lets you quickly remove crumbs before they burn or stick to the bottom of the oven.
What we liked:
- 11 precision cooking functions, including air fry and dehydrate, provide ultimate cooking flexibility.
- The unique design and quartz heating element provide 40% more even heat.
- Air fry function with adjustable time and temperature lets you make delicious fried foods, using little to no oil.
- One-touch keep warm function automatically activates.
#11. Cuisinart TOB-1010 Commercial Convection Oven
The Cuisinart TOB-1010 Commercial Convection Oven with 1800 watts of high-performance power, Cuisinart’s CounterPro Convection Toaster Oven Broiler is designed to deliver Cuisinart’s tradition of excellence in compact form. A large 0.5 cubic-foot capacity oven with easy clean nonstick interior can hold a 14-pound turkey or 6 slices of bread, and the auto slide-out rack provides hands-free loading and easy removal of cooked food.
Other highlights include a convenient auto-slide out rack for hands free loading and easy removal of cooked foods and safely removable crumb tray for quick clean up.
The front removable crumb tray, cool touch grip for easy clean up, and durable stainless steel front make this unit an attractive addition to your countertop. The brushed stainless steel exterior is durable and cleans easily. While cuisinart includes a 1 year limited warranty on this toaster oven, we’re sure you’ll enjoy the many years of delicious foods that it helps you create!
What we liked:
- 1800 watts of high-performance power for commercial quality results in your kitchen.
- 0.5 cubic foot capacity and 6 slices of toast.
- Rubberized easy-to-grasp controls, a cool-touch handle, and a front tray that catches leftover crumbs are all included in the stainless steel front.
- Auto-slide-out rack for simple food removal; nonstick inside for easy cleaning.
#12. Hamilton Beach 31143 Commercial Convection Oven
The Hamilton Beach 31143 Commercial Convection Oven is the perfect addition to any commercial kitchen. This powerful, convection oven makes it easy to bake, broil and toast with 4 slice capacity and 5 cooking functions.
This oven features a 30 minute cooking timer with auto shutoff and ready bell. The adjustable temperature from 150 – 450ºF means you can cook a variety of different foods to your liking. The 3 chrome-plated knob controls make it easy for anyone to use this oven.
The stainless steel exterior provides durability and will last for years of use in your commercial kitchen. A removable crumb tray makes for quick and easy cleaning. The Hamilton Beach 31143 Commercial Convection Oven is the answer to all of your cooking needs!
What we liked:
- The 3 chrome-plated knob controls are easy to use.
- The 30 minute cooking timer lets you know when your food is done.
- It will reheat 26% faster and uses 76% less energy than traditional ovens.
- This convection oven has 2 rack positions and a removable crumb tray for easy cleaning.
- It also features nonslip feet and an adjustable temperature from 150 – 450ºF.
What To Look For When Buying Commercial Convection Oven?
Choosing a commercial convection oven is a huge investment. You will be using this appliance every single day, so you want to make sure that you get the right one. There are several things you should look for when buying a commercial convection oven, including:
A good commercial convection oven is one that can accommodate a large number of items at once. This means that the machine should be able to fit larger trays and not only smaller ones. Depending on how much you’re looking to bake and how big your kitchen is, this commercial convection oven should be large enough to accommodate all your needs.
2. Adjustable Fan Speeds
Convection ovens are sometimes known as hot air ovens or fan ovens. These types of machines use fans to distribute air evenly throughout the oven cavity, cooking food faster and more efficiently than regular ovens. The better the fan is, the more efficient the machine will be. We recommend buying an oven with a high-quality fan that has adjustable fan speeds so you can adjust it according to the type of food you prepare.
3. Different Cooking Modes
It’s important that your convection oven has different cooking modes so you can adjust it according to your needs. Usually, these machines come with some basic settings such as ‘bake’ and ‘roast’ but will also have other cooking settings such as ‘broil’ and ‘defrost’ in cases when you need them. So, go for the one that has more options.
4. Convection Fan
A convection fan is responsible for distributing hot air evenly throughout the oven cavity to give you even and professional results. A good oven should have a powerful fan which is capable of cooking food evenly and quickly – two things most buyers look for in an oven. If you are looking to buy a commercial convection oven, look into this feature first because it plays a very important part in how efficient and effective your machine will be at cooking food.
1. What are the advantages of a commercial convection oven?
Convection cooking is a big deal in the professional kitchen because it means that you can cook things faster and more efficiently. What were once high heat, long cook times are now done in minutes. Gone are the days of dried out meats and burnt outsides, this is about cooking food to perfection. Using a combination of a fan and an element, hot air is circulated around the oven allowing for even heat distribution and faster cook times.
2. Can you use aluminum foil in a convection oven?
In general, you can use aluminum foil in a convection oven (instead of parchment paper). The main thing to keep in mind is that you want to prevent the aluminum foil from touching the sides of the oven because the forced air will blow against it and cause it to crinkle.
3. What is the difference between a commercial convection oven and a regular oven?
A regular oven uses natural gas or propane fuel to heat up an element or surface inside the cavity of the unit. The heat from this element then radiates out into the rest of the cavity where it cooks food evenly over time through conduction (think about grabbing hold of a hot pan handle).
A commercial convection oven uses an electric fan to blow hot air around inside its cavity which cooks food much more quickly than an ordinary stovetop burner would do if left unattended for that same amount of time (think about putting your hand over a pot full of boiling water
Convection baking is best for crisp cookies like macaroons, meringues, or gingersnaps. These cookies benefit from being baked quickly at a higher temperature and not having any moisture left over in the batter once baked. For soft cookies, like chocolate chip or peanut butter, you may want to turn off the convection setting because you don’t want your cookies to spread out too much before they bake up.
In the end, it is important to remember that there are no hard and fast rules for choosing a convection oven. You need to consider your own situation and then make an informed choice based on the information covered above.
We hope that this guide will help you to choose a convection oven that is best suited to your needs. We have tried our best to be as comprehensive as possible while remaining concise. If you would like to know more about any of the products mentioned above, please visit our website where you can find full reviews on all of them.